The Perfect Rice Water Hair Rinse
Here are 5 steps to a new all natural protein treatment.
Before reading this post please check out Rice Water for Hair What & Why.
The Perfect Rice Water Hair Rinse.
- Distilled or filtered water (Spring Water is best)
- Grapefruit Peel
Use plain white rice, sticky rice is even better.
Please note: Brown rice is too protein rich to use. Don't use cooked or instant rice, they have less nutrients.
- Rinse the rice, wash rice thoroughly between your fingers and discard the rice.The rice water should be very cloudy.
- Boil the rice water you’ve made with, grapefruit peel for 10 to 15 mins.
- Ferment in a glass jar with a lid for 1 week, up to 1 month. Preferably store in a dark cupboard. The longer your ferment the rice water mixture the stronger the protein treatment.
- Wash your hair with a shampoo and conditioner then apply the rice water to your hair. Use a basin and cup to keep applying the rice water. Make sure the basin catches the rice water a repeat for 2 minutes.