You have been living under a rock if you haven't heard about Jamaican Black Castor Oil. JBCO for those in the know, But did you know that you can use
What you will need:
- JBCO (we used the Sunny Isle brand)
- a bowl or jug
- hot water
- applicator bottle
- essential oil such as lavender, lemongrass, rose oil, ylang ylang, etc (optional)
- Mix the JBCO along with 3 or 4 drops of your chosen essential oils in your applicator bottle.
- Place the bottle in a bowl of hot water to allow the oils to combine into a runnier consistency compared to cold JBCO.
- Leave it to rest for about 5 minutes
- While you wait, section your hair into , detangled hair into 6-8 sections depending on your hair length and thickness. The thicker the hair the more sections needed. Note: Damp NOT wet hair is easier to detangle.
- Apply the mixture from root to tip and twist your hair or braid it. Make sure to spread the oil over your scalp and hair evenly.
- Once your hair is fully coated with the oil treatment, tie a plastic grocery bag around your head as a cap to seal in the steam and oil. Do this for about 30 minutes.
- Completely rinse out the oil treatment and continue you hair routine.
Once a week, use JBCO as a hot oil treatment. Apply a generous amount of oil from your roots to your tips. Massage it into your scalp and hair. Then cover your hair with a plastic cap, and sit under the dryer for 20 to 30 minutes. Finally, rinse with lukewarm water.
JBCO works for all hair types and textures. A healthy scalp means healthy hair. It works for all hair types, because the oil works your scalp ie the your roots/hair follicles and not your hair .
JBCO can be used to treat and fix alopecia, bald spots, eczema, dandruff, dry brittle hair, hair breakage, itchy scalp, thinning as well as rapidly increase hair growth (including eyebrows and eyelashes).
Jamaican Black Castor oil is more effective than regular clear castor oil because of the ash content due to roasting of the beans. The more ash content, the more effective the oil.
It is 100% Jamaican Black Castor Oil (Ricinus Communis. It is 100% natural, organic and sulphate-free. There is nothing in it that will harm your hair. It should only be used externally.
What has your experience been with JBCO? We’d love to know, please don’t hesitate to comment below.